Sunday, September 9, 2012

4 Easy Miles and a Pot of Chili

Yesterday I ran 4.1 miles around part of Lake Calhoun and part of Lake Harriet. It took me 0:47:48 to complete, which is an average of 0:11:40 mile.  I was a little slow to warm up and get used to the cooler temps and ran the last 2 miles considerably faster than the first two.  It was a little windy, but the temperature was in the low 60s with low humidity, so a nice change of pace from recent hot and humid runs.

This morning I was planning to get out for a 7 miler.... but (excuses, excuses) my Garmin wasn't charging this morning, so instead I watched Valentine's Day on TBS.   B was out golfing this morning, but when he came home he was able to easily fix my GPS.  The day's not over yet, so I suppose I've got plenty of time to fit that run in after all.

In honor of the  fall-like day yesterday, I made White Bean Chicken Chili for dinner.  For dessert, I whipped up some Betty Crocker Hot Chocolate Brownies.  I've been trying out a lot of Pinterest recipes lately, but it was a nice change of pace to make an old stand by (I got the Chili recipe from my mom), and make some quick-and-easy, but tasty mix brownies without a lot of fuss versus trying something brand new.

MMMMM!


Here's the White Bean Chicken Chili recipe - you won't be disappointed!  (Goes very nicely with a beer and hot chocolate brownies and natural vanilla ice cream for dessert). Enjoy!


chicken breasts ( about a pound or so)
1  16 oz can shoepeg white corn ( drained)
2  4 oz cans diced green chilies and juice 
2  15 oz. Northern White Beans ( drained)
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 TBS lime juice
minced clove garlic
1 cup chopped onion
2.5 Cups water (more, if needed)
1.  In large pot or dutch oven,  Cook chicken, 1 tsp. lemon pepper, 1 tsp. cumin in 2 1/2 cups water.  Simmer for 30 min.  Remove chicken and cut into bite sized pieces and return to pot.
2.  Add garlic, onion, corn, chilies withjuice, cumin,  lime juice...bring to boil.....add beans and cook unitl heated through....
3.  Serve with tortilla chips & shredded cheese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment