Saturday, January 10, 2015

French Toast Crunch - More Dessert than Breakfast

It's less than 2 weeks into the new year, and I've already completed an item from my 2015 list -- try the re-released General Mills French Toast Crunch Cereal! Apparently, this was a popular cereal in the 90s, though I don't have any memory of its first go-round.

In any case, I've now tried French Toast Crunch. The verdict? It satisfies a sweet craving, with a not-so-subtle aroma of maple syrup, and a syrupy, light cinnamony flavor as well. The cereal itself resembles tiny little bread slices and has a texture that reminds me of what I would imagine a mini-version of a Corn Pop might be like. I classify this as a dessert cereal rather than a breakfast cereal, most suitable for consumption as an evening sweet treat.

My first bowl of FTC!

Does it beat my beloved Rice Krispies Treats Cereal?  Not quite, but it's still pretty good. OK Kellogg's, General Mills has served up their throwback cereal, now the ball is in your court - time for you to bring back the RKT!

No comments:

Post a Comment