Tuesday, April 29, 2014

21DSD: Day 2

Day 2...chugging along, but to be honest I felt pretty crappy all day since I did not sleep well last night. Today was also my day to bring in a birthday treat for one of my coworkers.  Luckily, he's a healthy eater, so I made a delicious Greek layer dip that I was able to enjoy as well, and everyone seemed to like (recipe listed below).

Right now, I'm feel a lot of apprehension -- how in the world will I get through the remaining 19 (!!!!) days? Taking on a diet overhaul like this is no small task - I'm used to eating "conveniently", and "in the moment" and am way out of my comfort zone. It's embarrassing to be struggling so much so early on, but I am trying to be good to myself and focus on positive, encouraging thoughts versus defeatist thoughts. I am committed to this and want to stick with it. Anyway, here's today's run down -- 

Time Went to Bed Last night: 10:30 pm (but tossed and turned forever)

Time I Got Up This Morning: 6 am

How I felt when I woke up (excellent, good, fair, poor): poor - could not fall asleep!  My brain would not turn off.

General Mood/Energy throughout the day (excellent, good, fair, poor):  Mood good/fair; energy fair/poor

Exercise (type/duration): Nada

Breakfast:  3 Egg white muffins (same recipe as yesterday) and a coffee with cream (confession - I had coffee with cream yesterday too, completely forgot to record it) 

Lunch:  Salad with chicken (leftover chicken from yesterday), salsa and sour cream, and a green banana

Dinner:  Broccoli topped with sour cream and pork tenderloin.

Snacks:  Almonds, Greek Layer Dip (recipe here);  colby jack cheese and summer sausage (I snacked a ton today!)  

Water Intake: 6 glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment