Saturday, May 10, 2014

21DSD: Day 12

B and I were catching up on reboot of 24: Live Another Day, so I didn't get around to posting my Day 12 recap last night, so here it is.

My energy seems to be back on the upswing, and I felt good all day.  I'm sure the fact that it was Friday was a positive little boost.  Plus, I ordered Diane Sanfilippo's 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook, and it arrived today, so I'm looking forward to flipping through it and discovering some tasty treats. I've started to think ahead to what I will do once the detox is officially over, and once my first order of business is complete (a glass of wine in the evening), I plan to keep sticking to this low sugar, nutrient dense way of eating that I've learned, so I'll need to keep looking for recipes to help keep me engaged and motivated. Sanfilippo's cookbook oughtta help!

I'm anxious to see how I'm progressing on the scale, but I'm planning to wait until after I complete the detox to uncover that result.  I stepped on the scale last week (to see if I was actually losing weight.  answer = yes!), but now plan to wait until the end for the final detox #. I'm excited to see what I've accomplished!  In just these two weeks, I feel like my clothes are fitting better, and that's a better indicator of how my body is changing than the scale anyway.

Here's the day 12 run down -- 

Time Went to Bed Last night: 12:00 am. I was lost in a book - I just ordered Laura Sobiech's spiritual memoir on Kindle.  She's the mother of the incredibly brave, positive and inspiring Zach Sobiech, a Twin Cities local teenager and musician who passed away a year ago of Osteosarcoma.  Fave Zach quote - "You don't have to find out you're dying to start living."  You can learn more about the incredible Sobiech family via this Soul Pancake YouTube video.
Time got up this morning: 7:00 am 
How I felt when I woke up (excellent, good, fair, poor):  Good.  I love the great sleep I continue to get without sugar to interfere!
General Mood/Energy throughout the day (excellent, good, fair, poor):  Excellent/ Excellent - I'm back on the up and up!
Exercise (type/duration):  1 hour of Yoga.  I felt incredible at yoga today!  For me, yoga is always a good decision.  My intention today was "patience" with myself, with others, with life.  I'm not a patient person, but I know that as I reshape my body and mind, patience is essential to the plan.
Breakfast:  Coffee with cream, banana, pumpkin seeds
Lunch:  The last of my leftover Chicken, artichoke and olive dish.  B doesn't like artichokes or olives, so that means lots of fantastic leftovers for me.
Dinner:  Steak and green beans.
Water Intake: 8 glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment